Special group rates with local hotels
We have special group rates with three hotels in Waikiki:
Hotel Renew: Urban view king – single/double occupancy $161 + $25 daily boutique fee plus taxes
Aqua Palms Waikiki: City view – single/double occupancy $126 + $18 daily hospitality fee plus taxes
Aqua Skyline at Island Colony: Run of studio kitchenette/single/double occupancy $135 + $18 daily hospitality fee plus taxes
To book your accommodations online:
For the Hotel Renew, (i) go to www.hotelrenew.com, (ii) click on “Check Availability”, which takes you to the reservation page, (ii) enter the dates of your stay, the number of guests etc., and under “Special Codes”, enter the group booking code “JK25”.
For the Aqua Palms Waikiki and the Aqua Skyline at Island Colony, (i) go to http://www.aquaresorts.com/, (ii) click on “Book Now”, which takes you to the reservation page, (iii) select the accommodation (the Aqua Palms Waikiki or the Aqua Skyline at Island Colony), (iv) enter the dates of your stay, the number of guests etc., and under “Group Code”, enter the group booking code “JK25”.
Alternatively, you can call 1 855-945-4092 and mention the group booking code JK25 and the agent will assist you with making your reservation.
Please note that a credit card is required at time of booking to hold the reservation and a reservation may be cancelled without penalty up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
We have also made a group-reservation with three on-campus accommodations for JK participants. They are owned and operated by a federally-founded organization, the East-West Center.
1811 East-West Road
Honolulu, HI, 96848-1181
Front desk hours: vary daily (please call for hours)
1711 East-West Road
Honolulu, HI 96848-1711
Front desk hours: 24 hours
1821 East-West Road
Honolulu, HI 96848-1821
Front desk hours:8 am – 8 pm
These facilities are located on-campus, walking distance from the conference venue and the Center for Korean Studies. They are also inexpensive. Please follow the links above for more information about these facilities. The downside of staying in these facilities is that they do not provide services that are typically expected with hotels and that they do have a place to eat inside (please see below for more information about them). There is a cafeteria with several restaurants within walking distance from them, but once it closes, the closet shopping mall (where two supermarkets and a number of restaurants are) is about 15 min. away (on foot). Finally, reservations with these accommodations must be made by individuals who will stay there.
Below is information necessary to make a reservation with one of the East-West Center affiliated facilities and information about the facilities themselves:
Group name: JK25 Call-in Group
The period for the group reservation: October 9, 2017 to October 16, 2017.
Here are some regulations/rules with these facilities (the information is directly quoted from a letter that the East-West Center sent to us):
- Persons interested in housing should contact us (= the East-West Center) directly. They can write, fax, call or e-mail their request to us.
- Please have your participants identify themselves as attending your workshop/conference. Once the “call-in” status has been verified, we (=the East-West Center) will immediately confirm rooms on a space available basis. An advance deposit of one night’s rent is required to confirm the reservation. In lieu of an advance deposit, MasterCard or Visa will be accepted and the account charged only if there is a cancellation charge.
- Although Lincoln Hall provides comfortable accommodations with private bathrooms, guest should be advised that rooms are not air-conditioned and that hotel-type services such as porters, room services, etc. are not available.
- Hale Manoa rooms are provided with bedding and linen, but not towels. A towel packet is sold at our front desks for $5.00.
- Please note, since our dormitories house graduate students and researchers year round, “quiet” hours are in effect throughout the year.
- Coin operated washers and dryers are available for guest use.
- Lincoln Hall and Hake Kuahine desk hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. After-hour arrivals and departures are processed at the Hale Manoa desk, which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Check-in time: 2 pm Check-out time: 10 am Approval of early check-in requests/late check-out is based on availability (charges will apply). An unauthorized late check-out will result in a one night’s charge.
- Sodexo (808 956-3660) operates cafeterias and other food outlets throughout the University of Hawaii campus. Their Paradise Palms Cafe is across the street from Lincoln Hall. The Campus Center and other cafeteria operations are within 5-1 minute walk of the East-West Center campus.
- Smoking is prohibited in all East-West Center buildings.
- Cancellation charges equivalent to one night’s rent apply for individual reservations not canceled at least 72 hours prior to scheduled arrival.
- Parking at the East-West Center is administered by the University of Hawaii. Visitor parking is available on the Upper Campus at green Pay-to-Park visitor stalls and in the two Lower Campus parking structures. Guests may park adjacent to the dormitories for loading/unloading purposes, but vehicles must not be left unattended.